We are looking for a talented and creative social media editor to work across Reach’s biggest sports brands.
We know sports media across the UK needs to be more representative of the fans who read our journalism.
We particularly want to hear from people who feel their voice is not being heard in sports journalism, and who want to play a leading role in helping to shape a more inclusive future for sports journalism.
So who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. Reach plc is home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, the Manchester Evening News, BirminghamLive and of course, Football.London (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Drive a strategy to reach new and valuable audiences across Reach’s sport titles
- Lead online content development and digital platform excellence under the direction of the head of social media to maximise opportunities for unique and valuable digital football content
- Identify new opportunities for growth and development for each brand, particularly in UK markets
- Maximise opportunities for audience interaction and engagement across a number of platforms
- Help to manage and develop our social media channels, providing clear best practices to colleagues
- Measured against clear KPIs, with a creative element to the role in determining how best to reach specific audiences both daily and during big events throughout the year
- Work closely with stakeholders across social media in newsrooms, delivering best practices on content distribution across platforms
- A key role in establishing our content as the gold standard amongst the audience - and ensuring its ethos and principles are communicated to the wider network
- Monitor audience data and explore growth opportunities using analytics to inform content creation decisions
- Use analytics platforms and audience analysis tools to identify when to create content and how to deliver it to audiences
- Plan and commission content around large evergreen audience opportunities
The ideal candidate
- A proven track record of working across major social media platforms and experience of using audience analytics
- Digital publishing experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- An ability to monitor audience trends and think creatively to serve them
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Holiday purchase scheme
- And lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position