Got a nose for a story and always know what’s trending on Twitter? This job could be for you.
If you know your TikTok from your Insta Stories this is the chance for you to spread your wings and join an award-winning social team at Reach Nationals, working across our iconic national titles but more directly on the Express.
We are looking for a brilliant social media editor to join our London-based editorial team to find the best stories and drive social traffic in creative ways. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for identifying news stories and exclusives which will perform well on our social platforms by engaging and increasing our audience.
Working closely with the group head of social you will need to be flexible and able to react quickly, as well as have a very strong news sense.
This is a fantastic role working within one of the UK's busiest newsgroups, and one which will offer the successful candidate a great opportunity to develop and build on their skill and industry knowledge.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don't delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- It will be your role to find, pitch and edit stories that you know will perform well across our national titles’ social pages, using analytics and tools to tell you what’s already trending as well as finding the next big stories yourself
- You will be encouraged to come up with new creative ways to drive traffic to our sites and grow our audiences
- You will be expected to oversee the successful implementation of our social media strategies and manage our social accounts
- Cover live events and breaking news across social platforms
- Monitor the competitive landscape to identify trends - and communicate findings
- You will be one of our social experts and will share knowledge and best practice across the business and newsrooms
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The ideal candidate
- A digitally savvy writer who is used to working within a fast-paced digital newsroom environment and has a strong understanding of the power of social media. Most of our social editors were previously reporters.
- You will be an excellent communicator who is able to sell stories with flair, passion and skill.
- Working in a fast environment whilst maintaining acute attention to detail will be something you are both comfortable in but also thrive at.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media platforms will be something to you are very familiar with, and work with daily.
- This job involves shift work, including evenings and weekends.
- Hours will vary, but candidates must be flexible
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position