Boat International is the global authority in superyachting, celebrating the yachts and the life that comes with them. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media executive to join the digital team and grow our social media presence.
The social media executive will develop and deliver the social media strategy with the editor and chief digital officer. As part of this role, the social media executive will be responsible for all social media activities, whether this is pushing website content to drive traffic, delivering marketing messages, promoting our events, managing the live coverage of events or engaging with our social media audience.
This role is ideal for a self-starter looking to firmly establish themselves within the digital sector by delivering outstanding community management. Some travel to big superyachting events and Boat International functions overseas will be expected.
This role requires someone who will:
- Develop and implement the social media strategy
- Create compelling content including imagery and video for social audiences
- Manage content calendar and day-to-day presence on social
- Execute a variety of elements for social media campaigns including content seeding, moderating user-generated content and any other activities as required
- Manage live coverage of events, balancing commercial obligations with interesting posts to drive engagement
- Create, manage and report on paid-for media across all social platforms
- Measure and report on the efficiency of social campaigns in addition to real-time monitoring of social profiles
- Demonstrate creative thinking in creating conversation opportunities around real-time events
- Establish networks of brand advocates through blogger research, qualification and collaborative projects
- Complete regular reports on community activity with a view to improve measures month-on-month
- Monitor trends in social media broadly, and within the brand community specifically, to ensure the brand remains adaptive
We are looking for someone who has:
- At least two years of social media experience, with platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+
- Experience in photo and video editing for social media
- Experience in planning, implementing and reporting on paid-for social media marketing
- Excellent writing skills and ability to adopt a brand tone of voice
- Great attention to detail to guarantee high quality and accurate posting
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- A proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Confidence in analysing social data and sharing insights with people not from a social media background
In additional to a competitive salary and benefits package, we can provide an exciting career opportunity where personal growth and advancement is aligned to the rapid development of a fast growing company.
Interested? Then please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for the role by clicking ‘apply online’ below.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position