How to apply
Please submit your CV alongside a cover letter detailing why you think you would be a good fit for the role. Applications without a cover letter will automatically be rejected.
The social media manager will work closely with The New Arab's managing editor, social media specialist, digital, and other senior managers within the business, with a focus on growing the company’s social media and digital offering as well as managing its social media output, audiences, and digital marketing.
The post-holder will lead the development and delivery of social strategies, content, and programmes for a variety of audiences and will provide thought leadership on team initiatives, specifically in relation to content, tone of voice and community strategy. The post-holder will provide social media training to the team and will shape the integration of social media skills across the company's divisions.
- Manage the social media team and consultants to produce quality output across all channels.
- Lead the social strategy for The New Arab newsroom
- Manage performance and campaign execution and implement changes when needed.
- Deliver organic growth across social media platforms and SEO.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic audience projects to support and diversify The New Arab’s digital growth.
- Manage social media marketing strategy.
- Help deliver key analytics and insights to the editorial team, digital teams, and management.
- Lead the integration of new functionality and approaches into existing newsroom and audience workflows.
- Perform regular competitor analysis and identify opportunities to improve and overtake across all formats.
- Must be residing in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
- Experience in managing social media platforms for a media organisation.
- Experience in working for social media platforms.
- Experience working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of The New Arab brand.
- Newsroom experience.
- Proven experience in social media marketing on key platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, etc.) and analytics (Google Analytics, Parsely, or similar)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- You will ideally have an international focus in your current/previous role.
- You will have a strong social media background.
- University degree or professional qualification in PR or communications or
- You will have used social media measurement and insight tools.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Familiarity with MENA journalism, culture and/or languages.
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Fluent in Arabic.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position