CGTN – the China Global Television Network, its English channel, and its digital media platforms were launched on 31 December 2016.
CGTN's aim is to provide objective, balanced, and impartial news and current affairs content, reporting the news from a Chinese perspective. We aim to differentiate ourselves from leading Western media organisations by pursuing a larger international vision; focusing on nations, regions, and stories often ignored by western media.
We are shortly opening up a London office at Chiswick Park to house a well-staffed, digital and television hub producing news, online, and other content to feed into our global English language platforms.
We are now seeking a social media manager to join the new team in London.
- Engage with audiences and ensure comments remain within community guidelines
- Create and publish content across social platforms
- Adapt material from correspondents for social media output
Monitor performance of content on social using analytics and feed back
With experience working in an international newsroom, the candidate will demonstrate a complete understanding of how news works on social media and a high level of familiarity working in different media formats eg text, video.
You will also:
- Be familiar with common editing platforms, notably Adobe Premiere
- Understand different storytelling formats
- Have a track record of working to deadline
- Be a strong team player and excellent communicator
- Be able to work fast and error free
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position