It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced social media writer to join us as part of our network of Live brands.
This role exists to build relationships with readers and focus on content post publication, specifically through social media, whether that be Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social networks. The role would assist the social media editor by being an extra pair of hands and increase traffic and page views.
This role will be a mix of home and office working at our Hull office.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please do not delay in your application.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Manage social media channels in accordance with Live network best practice and priorities
- Curate newsletters and drive interest in newsletters
- Implement projects to grow registered users
- Find new ways to promote content off-platform and find new readers
- Provide cover for content editors (if experienced) or content writers as and when required.
- Uphold Reach's policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non-discrimination are upheld in everything we publish
The ideal candidate
- Content writing experience, preferably as a reporter
- Strong people management skills
- Digital publishing skills
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- Deep knowledge of media law
- Strong understanding of social media
- Evangelist for audience engagement
- Valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equivalent qualification
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position