The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in our communities as around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen!
What’s the role?
Bloomberg’s Digital team is looking for an energetic journalist with a passion for telling stories on multiple platforms. You will have strong editorial judgement and a well-honed sense of what makes a story travel on social media. You'll have a cross-platform approach that includes experience editing video, audio and photo as well as the ability to craft compelling posts for social channels. You're interested in the world around you and comfortable working with stories spanning the worlds of business, politics, technology and lifestyle.
We'll trust you to:
* Identify, create and share video assets from across Bloomberg to help amplify our stories on social media channels on a daily basis
* Work with TV planning and output teams to identify and deliver bespoke social video collaborations on a weekly basis
* Work with teams from all platforms to identify and plan for live social broadcasting opportunities
* Advise on best practice for mobile video journalism
* Work as part of a wider social team, posting to key global accounts as required
You'll need to have:
* Experience using Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X and mobile editing apps to create videos that have social sharing potential
* A developed understanding of the business news agenda and a proven ability to tell those stories to new and under-served audiences
* Experience working under tight deadlines in a busy news environment
* Field production experience and an understanding of broadcast news would be a distinct advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/news/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Subscribe to our daily (Mon-Fri) email job alerts to get more jobs like this and/or follow @journalism_jobs on Twitter.