We are looking for a reporter to join our editorial team and work on our newspapers in Somerset, which include the Bath Chronicle, the Western Gazette, the Mid Somerset Series, and the Somerset Guardian and Frome Standard.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a creative and dynamic reporter to join our team. We will consider applicants at trainee or qualified level.
This role exists to find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers with a specific focus on our print products, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
We are looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities. Here at Reach, we strongly believe in the benefits of flexible working, work/life balance and autonomy in our day to day jobs.
What will I be doing?
- Finding and telling stories of interest to local communities in both words and pictures
- Ensuring every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
Who are we looking for?
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality storytelling
- Your are passionate about local journalism
- You write accurate and tight copy, taking pictures when required
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
So, who are we?
You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK.
At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including:
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Simply Health Healthcare Cashplan
- Free well-being apps and coaching support
- Share save scheme
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
- Lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position