Location: Southeast Asia. We are not able to support visa applications for this position
Position: Southeast Asia partnerships manager.
Hours: 20 hours per week
Contract type: Freelance, temporary, to 31 October 2024, with the possibility of renewal subject to funding
Salary: $1,230 per month, invoiced
Start time: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 9 am BST on Tuesday 2 January 2024
The partnerships manager is a new role for a communications professional with a strong interest in climate change and the Global South. The role is important in developing China Dialogue Trust’s strategic communications work; you will be part of a growing team in our regional hub in Southeast Asia. The Southeast Asia partnerships manager will work closely with editors and others in the strategic communications team to develop a clear ecosystem map, identifying strategic partners across media, civil society and academia. You will be responsible for supporting the strategic and targeted dissemination of editorial products to ensure wide-reaching and impactful delivery and resonance with key audiences, including via syndication relationships with media partners. You will be proactive, highly organised, self-motivated, skilled in relationship management and content dissemination strategies, and committed to the effective use of measurement, evaluation and learning.
China Dialogue Trust is a not-for-profit that is independent of any government. We promote communication on the environment and climate change in multiple languages. We aim to foster a common purpose across political, ideological and cultural boundaries by publishing independent and accurate information on environmental and climate issues and by facilitating tolerant and constructive dialogue.
- Develop and cultivate syndication and content-sharing relationships with media outlets in multiple languages, focusing on Southeast Asia;
- Oversee and manage syndication agreements with media partners;
- Build and maintain a relevant network of partners across civil society and academia;
- Co-ordinate with our global team of editors and social media teams to ensure content is effectively and strategically disseminated;
- Support our audience segmentation and persona development work;
- Effectively measure and communicate the reach and impact of China Dialogue Trust’s content.
Essential experience, knowledge and skills:
- An understanding of, and commitment to, the work and values of China Dialogue Trust;
- Ability to think strategically about partnerships, ensuring they align with China Dialogue Trust’s broader goals and objectives;
- Ability to identify and develop cross-sectoral partnerships and syndication networks;
- Relevant work experience in journalism, NGO communications, marketing or a similar field;
- Familiarity with climate change and other sustainability topics;
- Ability to manage complex projects and meet competing deadlines;
- Strong English language skills.
Desirable experience, knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of Thai, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Malaysian, Khmer or other Southeast Asian languages;
- Knowledge of and/or contacts within media networks, civil society and academia in Southeast Asia;
- Experience in measurement, evaluation and learning as applied to journalism or other communications work.
How to apply:
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Application: Southeast Asia Partnerships Manager’ in the subject line by 9am GMT on Tuesday 2 January 2024:
- CV with references;
- Cover letter demonstrating how you fit the role.
Applications must be submitted in English.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position