Inside Housing magazine is looking for an ambitious and commercially minded journalist to lead its successful and growing portfolio of sponsored and editorial projects.
This job will involve managing projects from start to finish, ensuring that content meets Inside Housing’s high standards, is highly relevant to readers and meets the needs of sponsors where relevant.
The varied range of projects includes sponsored content (including expert columns, case studies, Q&A articles, round tables, surveys and bespoke projects), editorial campaigns (such as our Inclusive Futures campaign to promote diversity) and being lead editorial adviser for our four Inside Housing awards programmes. The role also includes managing Inside Housing’s high-profile IH50 columnists – many of the sectors top leaders.
The successful candidate will liaise closely with sponsors and editorial colleagues to plan topics and content, and will be responsible for writing, commissioning and editing. As part of the role, the successful candidate will also oversee a handful of projects for Inside Housing’s sister title Social Housing, which focuses on housing finance, governance and data.
The role offers a rare opportunity to join Inside Housing’s award-winning senior team, and take responsibility for leading on an important and growing part of the business. It would best suit an aspiring editor looking to gain experience of working with commercial clients and understand the business of publishing, a senior journalist looking to broaden their horizons, a freelance writer with varied experience, or a trained journalist working in content marketing or a related field.
The successful candidate will be well organised, highly personable and with an eye for detail and skill for crafting compelling stories. S/he will be comfortable on both print and digital platforms, have excellent team working skills and will enjoy juggling projects in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of the housing sector would be a plus, but is not essential.
- Liaising with the editorial and commercial and events teams
- Developing a clear understanding of clients’ needs and acting as main point of contact for the project
- Structuring the timeline and deadlines for each project to ensure it can be delivered on time
- Conducting interviews and writing articles and case studies
- Commissioning, editing and proofing copy
- Planning online coverage, working with the web editor
- Managing multiple projects
- Budget management
- Representing the magazines at events and on platforms
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and innovation and new project ideas that may appeal to readers/clients
To apply please send your CV, a covering letter and your salary expectation to the editor, via email@example.com. Job description available on request.