Sportradar is a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data and digital content for its clients around the world. We provide cutting-edge solutions and services to media companies, bookmakers, sports federations and state authorities.
The data journalist position involves attending sports events to collect the live data in real time with our mobile applications.
Our system is based on our unique, fully automated data extraction and supervision technology for highest quality standard, combined with a complex scout and video signal monitoring system.
- Attend sports venues for statistic gathering.
- Has to know the rules and the teams.
- Understanding and demonstrable experience with modern communication devices.
- Comply with the moral code of the profession.
- Observe kick off times, venue details and inform us when there are changes.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Good sports knowledge of the country.
- Located in the country where applicant chooses to work.
- Integrity and morality.
- Good observation and deduction skills.
- Computer proficiency.
Payment is competitive. Transport and ticket costs will also be reimbursed.
We at Sportradar pay per match and it works like this:
- EFL competitions (Championship, FA cup etc) €100 per match
- All other sports/competitions €50 per match
We also allow scouts to invoice a €2 cost when they must use their own 3/4g data.
As a sports data journalist, there is possibility for progression. When a scout has enough experience and is trained in a multitude of sports they can become a tournament scout, allowing for the possibility of them being sent all over the world to cover tournaments.
How to apply:
Apply by email (email@example.com), company website (https://www.sportsdata.ag/scout-registration/supervisor/id/70433) or through the apply button below. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Live Data Program Planning Team
Tel: +41 71 517 72 00
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position