What we are looking for?
A staff writer to work within a small, dynamic editorial team who produce news, features and educational content for online news outlets and digital magazines across the HR and recruitment sectors.
Ideally you will have a proven record of being able to source and write news and features for a specialist or well-defined audience – being able to digest sometimes-complex information quickly and present it in a range of formats for an informed readership.
The role will also include close work with design and delivery teams – getting involved in all aspects of content from creation to production and understanding what makes a good reader experience.
Ability to grow and maintain your own contact book a must. Ability to self-organise and write to multiple, tight deadlines crucial. Must be driven, have excellent communication skills and be flexible regards changeable news reels, story ideas and editor demands.
Proven experience at B2B outlets, news or content agencies or at local newspapers will stand you in good stead. Capable recent graduates from University and journalism courses will be considered.
You will need to demonstrate a portfolio of work covering reporting and feature-writing as well as being aware of how the reader digests your final product.
Preferably, you will have an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level or above. Additionally, or in lieu of, you will have a professional (NCTJ) or University-based journalism qualification. You must be able to demonstrate provable interest and/or experience in kickstarting a career in the media.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter explaining what you could add to the team to managing editor Daniel Cave firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose us?
- We are a close-knit editorial team and from the get go you will have a central role in choosing news angles, pitching content ideas and shaping the way we work.
- Obvious chances for streamlined progression, promotion and extra responsibilities. Many staff writers have been promoted to editor roles internally and then onto international media outlets and news and content agencies.
- Flexi-time working available with the chance for remote working on extended editorial projects.
- Opportunity for foreign travel at international conferences and with our commercial partners.
- Regular chance for travel to conferences, interviews and networking.
- Subsidy on travel as loyalty bonus.
- Competitive salary.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position