HLPFI (a division of DVV Media International) is the leading title detailing the movement of heavy and oversize cargo by land, air and sea. Now in its 11th year, we are looking to strengthen our in-house editorial team with the addition of a new Staff Writer.
- Working with the Editor and News Editor to populate the HLPFI website with news articles on a daily basis.
- Upload news items to the HLPFI website and social media channels.
- Work with the News Editor to create two e-newsletters per week.
- Working with the Editor to write well-researched, insightful feature articles (2,000-3,000 words) for the printed edition of HLPFI magazine.
- Organise and write any one-off articles for HLPFI magazine – including project focus, innovation and industry insight pieces (500-750 words).
- Create and maintain an image library for use in both our print and digital products.
- Attend relevant conferences and exhibitions around the world.
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts in the international project logistics business.
- Understand the requirements of HLPFI’s audience, in order to develop high-quality articles that are of interest to those moving heavy and oversize cargoes globally.
We are a small, ambitious division of an expanding company that prides itself on the standard of the work produced. The ideal candidate for this role must demonstrate an understanding of global politics and international development, along with an enthusiasm for international trade and logistics. You will be encouraged to work independently.
The right candidate must have a full understanding of written English and its application in both news and feature-based articles. You will be required to interview sources by telephone and face to face.
In this role you will be expected to travel both within the UK and internationally on a regular basis. A full driving licence is preferable.
The right candidate will be able to meet strict deadlines while working on a busy news desk.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience of writing in the business-to-business media sector, and is looking to take on more responsibility. Knowledge of digital marketing, including a solid understanding of SEO, email marketing and web analytics is ideal. How to craft SEO friendly titles and descriptions and use keywords effectively in order to increase web traffic would be preferable, as is hands-on experience with content management systems.
- Pension – employee pays 3 percent, employer pays 5 percent.
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Life assurance of four-times salary (up to state pension age – currently 65)
- Maternity, paternity and sickness benefits.
Salary: Commensurate with age and experience.
To apply: Please provide a CV, a covering letter, and some examples of your published work to our Commercial Manager, Annie Roberts, on email@example.com
DVV Media International Ltd
Heavy Lift and Project Forwarding International
4 Cobden Court
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position