Looking for your next step in your editorial career? Want to write content for world-renowned brands? Join Hurst Media Company as a staff writer and get involved with our exciting portfolio of titles.
Hurst Media Company is the UK’s trusted media partner, working with the likes of The Guardian, The Times, Daily Mail, The Evening Standard, The Metro and many more. Our flagship title is Celebrity Secrets - a celebrity-themed women's lifestyle title, which is distributed in OK! magazine bumper packs to nearly one million readers nationwide. At Hurst, we also offer full-service agency provision for our client base to book media across all channels – TV, radio, outdoor, online etc.
We’re seeking a versatile, hardworking and committed staff writer to join our growing team. The staff writer’s principle role will be to subedit, proof and ensure a high level of quality control (including CAP codes) for national press advertorial spreads and Celebrity Secrets magazine. Additionally, the staff writer will have the opportunity to work on miscellaneous features for Celebrity Secrets, interview celebrities where appropriate and complete ad-hoc copywriting tasks for the Hurst Media client base.
- Subedit raw copy
- Proof finished pages
- Liaise with advertisers
- Collaborate with the Celebrity Secrets Editor to subedit features and proof finished pages
- Research and write frequent features for the Celebrity Secrets website
- Represent the brand at events
- Interview celebrities
- Build relationships with agents
We’re looking for someone with:
- A Journalism degree or a degree in a similar subject
- At least two years’ experience in an editorial role
- Strong grasp of grammar and confidence to edit copy accordingly
- Organisation skills and time management due to frequent deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Experience writing across celebrity titles is desired but not essential
- Experience using WordPress CMS
- Experience using InDesign highly advantageous
- A confident, outgoing personality
This is the perfect role for someone who has been working in an editorial role for a minimum of two years and is looking to develop their media career further.
To apply, send a CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position