The Dennis B2B portfolio, comprising IT Pro, Cloud Pro and Channel Pro is seeking a staff writer to join its UK team. This highly credible enterprise technology platform that has served the EMEA market for many years, is also now expanding into the US so it’s a very exciting time to be joining us.
The commercial success it enjoys, one of the most profitable brands at Dennis, is based on a content and demand-gen model in EMEA. This has been wholly underpinned by the editorial product. IT Pro provides high quality content that genuinely helps our senior IT and BDM audience. We inform and inspire them, and give them confidence to invest in complex and costly technology.
Join a highly passionate, knowledgeable and industry recognised team where development and culture are core foundations of their success. Contribute to the growth of a premium editorial website that boasts genuine engagement across its whole platform. Develop your writing, SEO and digital publishing skills within a structure that champions innovation and ownership. Be part of something bigger than yourself.
Day to Day
- You will be responsible for creating and updating editorial content as set by senior editorial management and our audience development team – with a focus on creating varied content, from news and long-form articles to tutorials, reviews, explainers, and SEO-focused hubs.
- You’ll be one of the main content creators for the site, so a drive to ensure we reach the right audience in as many ways as possible (search, social, newsletter, direct etc) is required.
- You will be responsible for optimising content to improve its SEO ranking and using trends and analytics to suggest new SEO/environmental hub ideas.
- You will also form part of a rota creating newsletters and maintaining a brand presence on social media.
- There is also the opportunity to interview senior IT and business figures and attend events both in the UK and globally.
You are a confident, enthusiastic writer with a particular interest in technology - its role in, and impact on business. You understand the importance of SEO and social media – even if you’re not completely fluent in it. You’re also a driven individual who continually wants to improve upon their successes and is more than capable of working under your own steam as well as being a team player.
A familiarity with analytics software such as Google Analytics and Trends is desirable but not essential, as is an understanding of Google Apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides) and Slack.
Video presenting and editing experience is desirable, but not essential.
At Dennis, we’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
Being brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position