As story editor you will work within the fast-paced CNN Digital team based in the London office. Your role will involve a mix of line editing and copy editing, helping CNN to maintain its high journalistic standards and ensure consistency of voice and tone across all output.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience across news, sport, health, business, style and travel. They will also have a meticulous eye for detail and a passion for first class writing and storytelling.
What you’ll be doing:
- Editing daily news stories, analysis pieces, op-eds and long-form features often to tight deadlines
- Crafting sharp headlines, SEO language and other copy used to promote stories both on and off CNN’s platforms
- Actively shaping the flow and structure of stories
- Managing the story editing workflow in the London bureau across multiple digital teams, handling competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Working with individual writers and other contributors across the network to develop their writing capabilities, offering regular feedback
- Working with the programming, social and SEO teams to improve story framing
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of the international news agenda and curiosity to keep learning
- Experience working at a global news organization
- Experience editing news stories
- Creative ideas for digital storytelling
- Capable of adapting to different styles of writing depending on topic and platform
- Perfect grasp of written and spoken English
- Deep understanding of journalistic standards and media law
- Strong technical capabilities including working on different Content Management Systems and news operating systems
What’s on offer:
As story editor, you will have the opportunity to work for a world-leading news organisation. As you might expect, this comes with a competitive salary and a wide range of benefits and perks, including private medical and a generous pension contribution. The role is also eligible for company bonus and on top of this, you’ll have access to regular in-house screenings, wellbeing and fitness programs and events.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position