Euronews is Europe’s number one television channel, currently reaching more than 430 million homes across 166 countries. Since its launch in 1993, its 12 editions have been delivering world news 24/7 in a non-partisan and in-depth way to television audiences and digital users across the world. As the world's first ‘Glocal’ news brand, euronews. brings tailored content in Arabic, English, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
Living is Euronews.’ in-house digital lifestyle magazine launched in 2017. The website spans all areas of luxury and lifestyle from fashion to travel, design, cuisine and motoring and has a strong focus on sustainability and holistic wellbeing. We reach a global audience daily and bring them news, features and insights on environmentally and ethically sound ideas and products to live a beautiful life without compromise.
We are looking for a talented lifestyle writer to take on a double role of sub-editor and content news writer. This editorial role is designed for digital journalists wishing to develop a portfolio of content around sustainable lifestyle, ethical consumption, and responsible luxury.
In this role, you will be responsible for sub-editing articles submitted by our freelancers, tweaking headlines to make them as attractive as possible, and correcting video scripts prior publication. Additionally, you will come up with your own ideas and write insightful news content for the website on a daily basis.
This is a great opportunity to explore and share new ideas from the world of luxury, fashion, culture and design; and to write for an engaged and educated global audience interested by solutions to the environmental footprint of modern lifestyle.
This is a highly competitive position and the ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills in English, understand what it means to write for the web and abilities to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience writing for a digital or magazine publication (send your portfolio).
- Understanding of SEO and writing for the web.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of luxury sector.
- Deep interest in environmentally-related issues and ethical consumption.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to think critically and creatively.
- Strong technical ability, comfortable with CMS, photo editing tools
- Understanding of digital analytics, how to measure story performance.
- Sub-editing original features, scripts and articles in English.
- Writing news stories on a daily basis.
- Improving headlines and SEO of articles from freelancers and your own.
- Working closely with the social media manager.
We propose for this post
Contract type : Fixed term one year
Start activity: 01-03-2019
Place of work : London
If you meet these criteria and the position interests you, send us your CV.
Human Resources Department
56, quai rambaud
69002 – Lyon – France
56, Quai RAMBAUD
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position