The International Business Times, part of Newsweek Media Group, is looking to recruit a full time Sub-Editor to join its busy newsroom in Canary Wharf, London.
The Sub-Editor will be responsible for ensuring only top quality, accurate news and features are published. They will follow every detail of the house style guide and observe best-practice SEO. They will work with journalists and section editors to deliver articles that excel in the digital publishing environment. They will demonstrate an ability to adapt to the rapidly changing online journalism environment. With due diligence, they will uphold the highest professional standards and ethics demanded by a reputed news organisation.
- Sub-editing all articles for publication on the website (fact-checking, legal, plagiarism, SEO, rewriting, etc)
- Working with reporters to enhance articles through journalism best practice and by sharing knowledge in key areas
- Performing all sub-editing tasks under time pressure to ensure timeous publication
- Perform website curation tasks, such as updating page layouts
- Perform overall website quality checks
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced digital newsroom in a sub-editor capacity
- Sound knowledge of media law
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while maintaining standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent knowledge of news and current affairs topics
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to reporters and editorial management
- Natural skill and ease with CMS and learning new computer software
- Media law qualifications.
- Excellent knowledge of topics such as: technology, science; entertainment; sports; and business.
How to apply
To proceed with your application please click the "Apply Online" button below