Do you find yourself irked by unnecessary apostrophes, goaded by grammatical glitches or splenetic over stylistic inconsistencies?
Gas Strategies is seeking an eagle-eyed sub-editor to run the rule over news, features and other online content published by its Information Services team.
The sub-editor will ensure strict adherence to the house style guide, and will stand as the last line of defence against spelling, grammatical and factual errors inadvertently appearing in published content.
He or she will also ensure consistency of stylistic norms, written tone and visual appearance of online content across Gas Strategies’ suite of natural gas and LNG industry publications: LNG Business Review, Gas Matters, and Gas Matters Today.
The role shall include:
- editing news, blogs, long-form copy and other material written by a diverse pool of journalists, editors, associates, consultants and expert contributors to tight rolling daily, weekly and monthly deadlines;
- reordering stories and rewriting sections where necessary to improve conciseness, articulation, use of language and narrative flow;
- liaising with authors to clarify any issues in their copy;
- juggling competing deadlines to prioritise most pressing tasks while ensuring on-time delivery of all editorial products;
- writing engaging, snappy and concise headlines and feature introductions that capture the essence of each story while also being occasionally entertaining or amusing;
- manipulating on-screen copy using a content management system to ensure text and headlines ‘hang’ attractively on each publication’s webpage;
- choosing and cropping photographs and images to accompany published content;
- producing daily and weekly email marketing campaigns promoting content from across the three publications using online software;
- tagging and treating all online content according to current SEO best practice; and
- contributing to the ongoing development of the house style guide by identifying areas for improvement, and bringing these to the attention of editors.
The successful candidate is:
- a stickler for spelling, punctuation and grammar;
- highly numerate and articulate;
- Familiar with media law;
- able to demonstrate 2-4 years’ experience of sub-editing high value online news/features to an impeccable standard of quality;
- visually creative and able to demonstrate a flair for producing consistently attractive and engaging online news/feature content;
- well versed in SEO best practice;
- happy to work as part of a diverse team; and
- able to meet competing deadlines while remaining cool, calm and collected.
If you think you fit the bill, then please send your application to the HR Manager with your CV and a cover letter clearly describing your experience, your personal strengths and why you think you are suitable for this role.
Please note that this is a direct to employer advert and we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. No agency candidates will be accepted.
For further information on the company please visit our website. www.gasstrategies.com