The role and the team
Citywire’s award-winning trade magazine Wealth Manager is looking for a news and features sub-editor with subbing experience and a good working knowledge of Adobe InDesign.
As a sub-editor you will not be writing articles, but you will be laying out features, sense-checking copy and proofreading completed pages. You will need excellent comprehension, grammar and spelling skills, a determination to produce lively copy and attention-grabbing headlines, and an eye for detail.
As well as your core work on Wealth Manager, you will also help out on our English-language titles aimed at audiences in Asia, Latin America and Switzerland.
A basic knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator will be an advantage.
When you join us you will…
- Lay out and sub copy for our weekly magazine, writing heads, stand firsts, captions etc.
- Research images, formulating visual ideas for articles.
- Copy chase and set appropriate deadlines.
- Liaise with the editors, reporters, picture desk, audience development, research and design.
What you’ll need:
- Relevant experience as a sub-editor on a trade magazine or similar.
- In-depth knowledge of InDesign (PC-based).
- A meticulous eye for detail and a passion for the written word.
- A degree in a relevant subject.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Illustrator, Photoshop, HTML and content management systems would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to juggle several projects at once.
- Good general knowledge of global issues with an interest in economics and finance.
Citywire will offer you:
- 25 days holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after three years’ service followed by 30 days after five years’ service) plus bank holidays.
- Private pension scheme.
- Access to an independent Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Ride2work bike scheme and annual ticket travel card loans for your travel to and from work.
After two years’ continuous service you will also have access to private health and dental care insurance, group income protection, critical illness cover and group life assurance.
On top of this, we have a personal trainer who runs workout sessions during lunchtime twice a week in the park, a masseuse who visits every month, as well as freshly ground coffee, fruit, breakfast and nuts to help yourself to daily.
We are an inclusive organisation and actively promote equality of opportunity for all with the right mix of talent, skills and potential.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position