Sub-editor - The Week
- Do you have a meticulous eye for detail and a love of grammar?
- Do you know what a dangling modifier is?
- Have you had experience working as Sub Editor, Copy Editor or Production Editor?
The Week, one of the UK’s leading weekly current affairs magazines, is looking for a first-class sub-editor.
The Week magazine takes only the best news, current affairs and political articles from the UK and international media and expertly edits them together, giving a balanced and concise view of the news from the past seven days. In just one hour, readers will be brought up to date with the most important news and events, in a refreshingly succinct and witty style.
The sub-editor reads and edits every page in the magazine, so you will need to be able to work quickly and accurately, and be used to working in a fast-paced news environment. This is a full-time position based in our Queensway office.
- Knowledge of InDesign is required, as well as a keen interest in current affairs.
- The role will also involve some work on The Week’s app, so familiarity with content management systems would be a real bonus, and from time to time you will be expected to deputise for the production editor.
- Proven experience as a Sub Editor, Copy Editor or Production Editor.
We’re dedicated to creating brands that people want to work with, and a culture that people want to work in. We’re unique, and so are you. You’ll enjoy a host of benefits and perks when you join us, on top of a satisfying salary. And that’s not all:
- We’re award winning. You will be working across award-winning brands and in award-winning teams and joining a culture where innovation and success are encouraged.
- Our Commitment. We’re very proud to support The Heart of England Forest; an exciting and ambitious charity aiming to plant and preserve the largest native broadleaf forest in England. Founded by our late chairman, Felix Dennis, every employee gets the chance to plant a tree in their name so you can feel part of their vision.
- We’re always thinking of you. You’ll have access to plenty of great benefits such as 28 days holiday, a contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
- We recognise hard work. Have you always dreamed of taking time out of work to travel the world? You’ll be given the opportunity to take a 6 week paid sabbatical after five years service. And if you’re lucky enough to win our Employee of the Year Award you’ll be sent on a holiday of a lifetime to a destination that certainly has the ‘wow’ factor.
Being Brilliantly different is part of our DNA – our success is built upon it. What makes you unique is what makes us unique and we’re proud to foster and promote an environment of inclusivity and a celebration of individuality. Dennis Publishing does not discriminate. We recruit purely based on your skills, talent and your potential. If you feel you are right for the role, we’d very much like to hear from you!
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position