Cultureshock is the arts and culture content agency, with 20 years' experience of working with cultural institutions, global brands, corporate companies and their partners. We use our in-depth knowledge of the arts and culture sector to design and create content that attracts, engages and retains audiences for cultural brands.
Our team of arts and culture specialists create and distribute content - whether it is magazines, books, websites or films - that is commercially viable, of the highest editorial standard, immediately credible, creative, fresh and bold.
We have more than 25 creative and publishing specialists in our London office, as well as representatives in LA and New York, who have worked with many of the world's leading brands.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, calm and approachable sub-editor to join our agency team.
The role will be to co-ordinate the production of a fast-paced and diverse publishing programme: magazines, web content, books, and social media campaigns.
High levels of organisation, attention to detail and a passion for culture and publishing are essential.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all Cultureshock print and digital products are produced to a high standard: grammar, spelling, style, style guides, accuracy; and that our products are well packaged (headlines, captions, choice of images and so on)
- Sub-editing, or overseeing the sub-editing of, publications and content Cultureshock produces
- Monitoring progress of projects, including financial reporting (where relevant)
- Liaising with clients on the progress of projects and communicating with the internal teams at the agency to ensure expectations are met
- Supporting the editorial, design, film and commercial teams to deliver projects to a high standard, on time and on budget
- Managing multiple style guides
Key personal skills:
- A good team player able to persuade and lead by example
- Highly organised and efficient; always deadline-driven
- Pays meticulous attention to detail alongside the bigger picture
- Excellent communication skills for liaison with colleagues, contractors and clients
- Genuine passion for the arts and culture sectors
- Literate and numerate
Key technical skills:
- At least one years' experience as a sub-editor or production editor, preferably on daily, weekly or monthly titles
- Experience of web publishing (including using a Content Management System and Digital Assets Management System)
- Excellent print and digital sub-editing skills (grammar, style, style guides, accuracy, furniture, search engine optimisation and tagging)
- Excellent In-Design, good Photoshop, good Excel
- Good knowledge of social media platforms, apps etc
Job type: full-time
Closing date: 5 November
Please apply by email to email@example.com with a cover letter and CV.
We apologise, but it will not be possible to respond to all applicants.
27b Tradescant Road
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position