Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients.
We are looking for a skilled sub-editor to join our AccountingWEB team.
AccountingWEB is the UK's leading online community for accounting professionals and this role will focus on maintaining the highest standards across all our content.
This role would suit a production journalist who is keen to develop their online skills within a lively, interactive news and community website.
Reporting to the editor-in-chief and working closely with the AccountingWEB editors, they will maintain the smooth running of the site and its newswire schedule.
What we would like from you:
- A minimum of two years' sub-editing experience
- A high standard of written English
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for business issues
- The ability to prioritise a varied workload effectively and meet regular deadlines
- A can-do and enthusiastic attitude
- An understanding of web content management, the web’s role in professional publishing and the needs of AccountingWEB’s audience.
- Please include a cover letter with your application to outline why you are interested in this role, your motivation and career aspirations
What we can offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our seven core values: Put People First, Inspire Action, Be Curious, Be Honest, Be Inclusive, Stay Focused, and Have Fun.
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with lots of opportunities to learn.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible working (we are Flexa certified)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5 per cent
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to buy/sell five days a year, additional leave for long-service, plus a day off for your birthday
- Life assurance of four times the base salary
- BUPA health cash plan
- Access to health and well-being resources and mental health consultants (up to 10 sessions per year).
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Sift is currently trialling hybrid flexible working which consists of one day per week in the office, depending on location.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position