Newsweek is seeking a sub-editor to join our London team.
We are looking for candidates with experience in an online newsroom who can edit and rewrite copy quickly and cleanly in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for detail and facts, and the ability to ensure a story is correctly framed to provide big-picture context to the Newsweek reader.
They will have a working knowledge of SEO best practice. They will be able to work with a modern CMS to ensure all page furniture and other back-end requirements are fulfilled.
They will be responsible for editing high-quality content that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
We have an office in canary Wharf in London but are open to remote work, anywhere in the UK.
- Editing multiple stories a day across various beats and topics.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- Following AP Style.
- Ensuring the quality of the content is of the highest possible standard.
- Candidates should have significant experience in an editing role.
- Strong news judgment across a range of subjects.
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills.
- Flexible hours.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position