Westminster Editorial Services (www.westedit.com), the premier editing company for corporations and institutions, is seeking remote freelance editors for ongoing projects.
Who we are:
Westminster Editorial Services is an international editing firm specializing in one thing: helping companies, institutions and financial firms maintain their credibility and enhance their reputation by editing important documents, editorial content and other materials to the highest level. Our global team of senior editors from top-tier publications has decades of experience working with the world's most demanding corporate and institutional clients from New York to Hong Kong.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for the best of the best. Editors who are able to quickly and easily grasp what needs to be done to make our clients' content the best it can be on tight deadlines and execute flawlessly.
- Edit corporate and institutional content for style, tone, and flow
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors
- Conform content to in-house style
- Review sources for quality and proper citation format
- Communicate with editors and reviewers to resolve inaccuracies
- Perform quality assurance on published content
- Provide feedback to clients/editors on quality of work
The right person for the job will have:
- A firm understanding of both US and UK styles, including AP style
- A hawk-like ability to catch errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes
- A knack for making content flow
- A love of language
- An astute sense of appropriate style, voice, and tone
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload
- High editorial standards
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with tracked changes in Microsoft Word and InDesign
Minimum education level: Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, or related field
Minimum experience: 5+ years of editing experience.
Preference given to those in the CET time zone
How to apply:
Please send a CV only to email@example.com
We'd like to thank everyone for applying, but unfortunately due to the volume of applications only those selected for a test/interview will be contacted.