Sift is a market-leading digital B2B publishing and subscriptions business, based in the heart of Bristol. We believe that we can inspire action every day, through the creation of amazing content, experiences and insight for our audiences and clients and are embarking on exciting three year growth plans for all our brands.
AccountingWEB is the UK's leading digital news and information publication for accountants, with a strong and growing presence in the US and multiple new brand extensions including a growing events portfolio that is live and virtual.
Technology is driving significant change in the accounting professions and the tech editor is a new, highly visible editorial role where you will own the accounting software editorial strategy and output. The tech editor will report the latest news, as well as providing thoughtful analysis, comment and practical advice via a variety of channels. Throughout, the guiding principle is to help accountants stay on top of technology, and give them practical advice and guidance.
- Create, run and execute the technology content strategy for the AccountingWEB team
- Create content: writing, sub-editing, blogging, creating email newsletters and downloadable resources, and hosting webinars and live events.
- Commissioning, planning and organising contributors/schedules to an agreed budget.
- Ensure output is of high quality and measured against agreed KPIs and audience targets.
- Build close relationships with software vendors, working alongside our sales and client services teams
- Help raise the profile of the Accounting Excellence brand by supporting its programme of talks and awards.
- Work closely with the editor-in-chief, expanding the range of content and products we provide to ensure our offering is best in class and works for commercial teams.
- Some out of hours work may be required.
What we would like from you:
- Journalistic experience, ideally at section editor or senior writer level, with a track record in online content creation
- Experience of, or a demonstrable interest in, writing about technology for professional or specialist audiences
- Track record building strong relationships and contacts with key communities such as vendors, end-users and thought leaders
- Strong planning and organisational skills, including managing editorial budget
- Experience building a content strategy to agreed metrics, using data sources including Google Analytics
- Good understanding of social media and digital platforms
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a collaborative approach
- Comfortable working collaboratively with other teams and senior management
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient and a strong team player with a positive, can-do attitude
- Experience within the accountancy or financial services sector, and knowledge of accounting software, apps and platforms would be beneficial
- Line management experience would be useful but is not essential
What we can offer you
We look for people who share and can demonstrate our seven core values: put people first, inspire action, be curious, be honest, be inclusive, stay focused, and have fun.
In return, we can offer you a great place to work with lots of opportunities to learn.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible working (we are Flexa certified)
- Pension contributions matched up to five per cent
- 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays, option to buy/sell five days a year, additional leave for long-service, plus a day off for your birthday
- Life assurance of 4x base salary
- BUPA health cash plan
- Access to health and well-being resources and mental health consultants (up to 10 sessions per year)
Sift is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Currently, a limited number of desks are available in the office via a booking system (Covid-19 restrictions in place).
Sift plans to trial hybrid flexible working from week commencing 4 October 2021 which will consist of a minimum of one day per week in the office.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position