Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Hours of Work: Flexible hours
Location: Homeworking position, UK based
Contract type: Freelance or full time
Start Date: Immediate
UC Today is a highly successful B2B digital business specialising in the technology sector, primarily unified communications.
Core activities include reporting on the North American and European marketplace but increasingly our reach and influence is hitting high growth markets across the world.
UC Today is an agile business which is constantly pushing the boundaries of the digital sphere to deliver valuable content and engagement to customers and readers alike.
UCToday.com continues to attract high-value audiences of industry professionals and tech leaders from end-customer organisations. We offer the latest trends and insights from the business communications industry, incorporating unified communications, collaboration, customer experience and emerging technologies.
Find us online
About the unified communications market
The industry is growing fast, vendor innovation, consolidation, transatlantic expansions and new entrants with cloud-first strategies are entering the marketplace and disrupting the status quo.
Vendors seeking success in the marketplace are coming with non-traditional go-to-market strategies and often from non-traditional markets. With all this buzz, technology professionals need an up to date news platform they can rely on to give them the latest updates and industry revelations.
The vision of UC is finally being fulfilled. Consumerisation, the maturity of SaaS and emergence of AI is taking communication to a whole new level. Cloud-delivered applications are delivering the ultimate user and team experiences whilst cognitive collaboration is set to change the way we work together, human to human and human to machine. Our digital twins are about to be born.
This is a great time to join us on our mission to be the ultimate resource for UC, collaboration, and CX technology.
We are looking for a technology journalist to join our growing team and help report on the technology vendors, service providers and business leaders leading this exciting sector.
Reporting directly to our managing editor, you will be responsible for covering editorial and sponsored content stories. A technical background is not essential, but curiosity and enthusiasm for business technology is vital.
You will have excellent communication skills and be adept at writing in a variety of styles to accommodate the content brief.
As a UC Today journalist, general duties and responsibilities include:
- Researching, writing, editing, proofreading news stories, features and articles
- Reading press releases, interviewing sources and verifying statements and facts
- Liaising with the editorial team for new assignments
- Working with customers on sponsored content
- Attending events (virtual and live) when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Able to work remotely from home unsupervised
- Able to hit deadlines under pressure and maintain high standards
- Excellent English language and writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Position requires flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or relevant field
- Minimum of three years' working experience as a journalist or reporter
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and accurately fact-check information
- Excellent observation and judgment skills
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information
- You are an all-round team player, friendly and able to work in a dynamic, fast growing business environment
Other skills and abilities
- Office 365 e.g Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams
- Image editing software e.g Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar
This is a home-working role that requires you to provide some of your own equipment:
- Broadband internet (minimum 10 Mbps download / 2 Mbps Upload)
- Office desk and chair
- A suitable place to work that is noise and distraction free, warm and comfortable, and has a reliable electricity supply.
Company-supplied equipment includes: PC Computer, web camera, headset/speaker. All necessary software applications and licences.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position