AgriBriefing is the UK’s fastest growing agriculture media company and operates from its headquarters in Preston. We are proud of our culture of transparency and collaborative working, where everyone is encouraged to contribute to the success of the business. We employ bright, talented people who are ambitious and make things happen.
We have a rare opportunity for two talented sub-editors/page designers to join our busy production desk in our Preston office for a six-month fixed term contract starting February 2019. You will work on our portfolio of titles, including Farmers Guardian, Arable Farming and Dairy Farmer.
You will be subbing copy, writing headlines and coming up with ideas for news and features layouts. You will have excellent English skills and will be able to spot inaccuracies in copy even when up against tight deadlines. Experience of using InDesign and Photoshop is essential.
What is on offer:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata.
- An extra day off on your birthday.
- Group personal pension plan.
- Perkbox discount scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Free parking
What the role entails:
- Sub-editing and proofing content for our portfolio of magazines and other products as required.
- Designing creative magazine pages efficiently while working closely with the rest of the production team.
We’re looking for someone:
- With a meticulous eye for detail to check and edit content according to house style.
- Who has experience of, and a creative eye for, designing innovative pages and refining content in InDesign and writing imaginative headlines and captions across news and features pages.
- Who is calm and efficient under pressure, with great communication skills.
More about the role:
- Full time, Monday-Friday
- 9am-5pm (one hour for lunch) with flexibility required on Tuesday evenings
How to apply:
If this sounds like your ideal next step, apply today. Send your CV and a short covering letter to Justine Sumner at Justine.email@example.com. Closing date for applications is 28th December 2018.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position