Based in the heart of lively Notting Hill, we are an award-winning global provider of legal content and information services. We create essential and unique information for our subscribers, who are drawn from over 100 countries around the world, via our global brands. With a strong platform for international growth, and a reputation for creating outstanding content, we can offer individuals an intellectually stimulating work environment that puts global legal issues at the heart of our business.
We are currently recruiting trainee news reporters, across our established brands, writing news to an audience of legal professionals worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity to use and develop your journalism skills within an international organisation working on a global scale.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role and writing samples via the link below.
What you would be doing?
We are looking for intellectually curious individuals who can research, report and write news, analysis, features and surveys. Relying on court documents, data, regulatory filings and source interviews to craft analytical and timely news stories, you’ll be expected to learn to write in a style and tone that cuts through jargon and spin to deliver accessible prose. Working collaboratively as part of a tight knit team, you will provide accurate and timely news content on a daily basis and contribute to larger research projects and produce interviews and features under the direction of the Editor.
For more information about our brands, please check out the following links:
- Global Arbitration Review https://globalarbitrationreview.com/
- Global Restructuring Reviewhttps://globalrestructuringreview.com/
- Global Investigations Reviewhttps://globalinvestigationsreview.com/
- Global Competition Reviewhttps://globalcompetitionreview.com/
- Global Data Review http://globaldatareview.com/
- Getting the Deal Through: Law News https://gettingthedealthrough.com/
- Latin Lawyer https://latinlawyer.com/
In return we can offer you a rewarding career with personal and professional development in addition to a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package that includes 25 days holiday, private healthcare, Cycle to Work scheme, season ticket loan and gym membership.
We support a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace, and welcome applications from different backgrounds.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of a 2:1 degree from a leading university
- Postgraduate law or journalism degree
- Demonstrable interest in a career in journalism
- Strong interest in current affairs, international business and legal reporting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to provide a deep analysis and insight for our readership, with the ability to find original angles in stories
- An international outlook
- Legal knowledge is advantageous, but not mandatory
- For Latin Lawyer applicants - Spanish language skills are required
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position