Covering our South London titles
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic trainee reporter to join our team covering news in South London.
From breaking news online, and reacting fastest to breaking stories to getting to the heart of a community issue, this is a varied role perfect for a tenacious mind with a sharp news sense and instinct of where to find the next big story.
Creativity and ideas are key, along with an understanding of news-gathering in a digital age. The successful applicant will be a natural on social media and determined to drive page views for their stories.
The job is perfect for someone with pre-entry trainee qualifications who can hit the ground running and start making a name for themselves in journalism straight away.
The News Shopper, Sutton and Croydon Guardian, Richmond and Twickenham Times, Wimbledon and Wandsworth Guardians and the Surrey Comet are part of the Newsquest stable of news brands that reach millions of people right across the UK, and you will be joining a great, skilled, innovative, talented team.
You will need:
- To be keen to get stuck in and take your career to the next level in a patch full of stories
- To have a web-first attitude and be keen to engage a growing online audience with exciting, reactive and innovative content
- To be willing to be coached in producing a daily output of high-quality accurate news stories for all our titles
- To be prepared for morning, evening and weekend work
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- NCTJ diploma in journalism or the equivalent
- Attention to detail
- The ability to write and think quickly under pressure.
- A strong news sense
- Great people skills
- An engaging writing style
- Full driver's licence
If you feel this job is for you, please send a CV and covering letter to Arron Hendry by clicking apply now.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position