Newsquest is looking for a trainee reporter at one of its top weeklies, The Salisbury Journal.
The Journal serves those living in South Wiltshire and parts of the New Forest. It attracts a huge audience to its website combined with a loyal readership of this heritage title - the third oldest regional weekly in circulation.
It is part of the Newsquest stable of news brands that reach millions of people right across the UK, and you will be joining a great team.
Our goal is to be first to report accurate breaking news from the region. We want to see creativity from reporters who feel confident in the use of digital media in engaging the local community.
- To be keen to get stuck in and take their career to the next level in a patch bursting with stories.
- To have a web-first attitude and be keen to engage a growing online audience with exciting and innovative content.
- To be willing to be coached in producing a daily output of high-quality accurate news stories on the Journal website, with promotion through social media.
- To be prepared for evening and weekend work.
- Our ideal candidate will also have:
- A NCTJ Diploma in Journalism or the equivalent.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to write and think quickly under pressure.
- A strong news sense.
- Great people skills.
- A zippy, fresh writing style.
- A driving licence.
To apply write to: email@example.com including 150 words why you believe you are suitable for the job and include your CV. Deadline for applications 21 May.
The Salisbury Journal
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position