The Welwyn Hatfield Times is looking for a talented and ambitious trainee reporter who can hit the ground running as part of our lively news team.
We want someone who combines sound news judgement and multimedia awareness to build on our reputation for insightful and informative community journalism.
You will be expected to have strong local knowledge and forge contacts with key local stakeholders, bring in brilliant stories from our communities and find innovative ways to present your content.
We are looking for a self-starter with drive and enthusiasm keen to begin their career reporting on life in the diverse borough of Welwyn Hatfield.
Good communication skills and the ability to write fluent copy are a minimum requirement. You should also be organised and extremely creative, and have a first rate understanding of our audience and marketplace.
The successful candidate:
- Looking for first opportunity potentially in a newsroom
- Ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
- Strong digital audience awareness for content
- Able to produce video and picture content
- Excellent news judgement
- Great ideas for print and digital platforms
Salary and benefits:
- Salary up to £19,000
- Full 25 days' paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Annual Volunteer work day
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you have not been invited in for an interview within two weeks of your application, then you can assume on this occasion that you have been unsuccessful.
We reserve the right to change the closing date at any time during the recruitment process, so please apply ASAP as we will be dealing with applications as soon as they arrive.
Group recruitment manager
Welwyn Hatfield Times
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position