We are looking for a full-time French-to-English translator to translate articles from a specialist online French newswire into clear, crisp English. As the translator gets to know our work, s/he will also be able to adapt/rewrite articles to suit our non-French readership. Working with the team’s editor, in the longer term the postholder will also sub-edit stories by other journalists.
APM Health Europe is an independent, subscription-based newswire which sets the daily news agenda for the European healthcare markets. We focus on regulatory, pricing, market access, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness issues impacting the pharmaceutical industry, healthcare regulators and insurers and other stakeholders across Europe and beyond. APMHE is part of APM International. You can read some free articles here
The team, the place
APM Health Europe has bureaux in several European countries. The translator’s job is based in central Paris, working alongside the editor and French newswire journalists at APM head office.
- English native language
- Excellent level of French
- Excellent translation skills – qualification or equivalent experience
- Clear, precise written English – newswire style
- Accuracy and speed
- Interest in learning about the ins and outs of the pharmaceutical industry and medicines regulation
- Proactive, adaptable and able to learn on the job
- At ease with online working (note we do not currently use computer-assisted translation)
- UK English
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry and regulation
- Knowledge of German
Please click the "apply online" button below to apply, please include a CV and cover note. If possible, please also send sample translations (original version plus translation) and/or other writing.