Full-time TV and celebrity writer (home-based)
GRV Media is a multi-platform new media company with a growing presence in reality TV.
Their online TV title, www.realitytitbit.com, is looking to expand its team with a full-time writer, who will specialise in both TV and celebrity news.
The role requires working closely with a managing editor to pitch and submit 7-8 stories per day. Research will come from analysing the TV schedule and identifying reality TV series, documentaries and shows that will appeal to a 16-25-year-old market.
The candidate must be a celebrity buff, with the ability to spot a new story from celebs on Instagram, Twitter and other social media platforms.
A passion and knowledge for TV is a essential with Reality Titbit’s best content coming from shows such as First Dates, Love Island, Ibiza Weekender and Celebs Go Dating.
Previous experience working with Wordpress and a journalism degree is preferred.
GRV Media is a remote company and applicants are asked to apply only if they are prepared to work remotely with a normal 40-hour working week.
Areas of responsibility:
- Produce 7-8 articles per day
- Follow style guide and Wordpress guidelines
- Investigate and research stories through social media platforms
- Investigate and research stories through the Freeview TV guide
- Comfortable using Wordpress
- Quick and efficient writer
- An outstanding ability to recognise and identify trending stories
- A knowledge and passion for TV
- An understanding of best SEO practice, including focus keywords and tagging
How to apply:
Interested candidates should please send in a CV and examples of their work to: firstname.lastname@example.org while also outlining TV shows they are looking forward to over the forthcoming months.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position