News has changed.
More than ever before broadcasters and websites are relying on everyday people to capture video footage of breaking events; weather, nature and sports. Newsflare licenses video content from the public to broadcasters, publishers, news agencies, production companies, advertising agencies and brands across 30 countries. We have mobile and web platforms that allow our contributors to upload video, whilst our tech platform ensures the video is presented to the most interested buying audience based on behavioural analytics.
After launching in 2012, we grew to break-even before securing a multi-million pound VC investment at the end of 2016. With plans to grow the team to over 40 across the UK and US by the end of 2017, and having recently moved into a cool new office space in Farringdon, now really is a great time to be joining the Newsflare family as the brand continues its expansion globally.
- Reporting to the head of news, the UGC journalist will work as a key member of the newsdesk team using strong editorial judgment to source and discover video shot by everyday people.
- These eyewitness video accounts of news, events and everyday engaging content are sourced by the core newsdesk team and supplied to our clients.
- The core function of the role is to discover content with speed, both from our existing client base who are uploading content to the platform and also by content that we work to discover from non-members.
- The role is to ensure that we are establishing the originality and veracity of a video. This is a key skill for a Newsflare journalist. Our clients rely upon us to make sure every clip we send over to them has been through rigorous verification checks. This means making sure everything we bring in has been sourced from the original filmer, and that what is depicted in the video is genuine.
- The UGC journalist will work closely with the head of news and the deputy head of news to prepare content before being delivered to clients by writing clear, engaging news copy and editing video footage.
- The candidate will work as part of a team to deliver targets on the number of videos successfully acquired and the performance of those videos.
- Resilience, a sense of urgency and the ability to work in a fast paced environment are key!