CE Media is seeking an experienced web editor to work across its two fast-growing B2B titles, Elite Business and Elite Franchise. As well as having a minimum of two years’ editing experience, our preferred candidate will be a skilled and adaptable writer with a strong grounding in social media, InDesign, Photoshop, Google Analytics and using a CMS.
We're looking for somebody who is brimming with ideas and has a keen interest in the world of business, particularly the startup and franchising spaces. You should be ready to hit the ground running and pick up the tone and house style of the magazines in a matter of weeks. On top of keeping both websites populated with quality content and sharing it on social media, you'll be expected to manage a small team of journalists and commissioning and editing guest columns from some of the industry’s leading lights.
Additionally, you will play an instrumental role in editing and liaising with brand partners around our range of content marketing products.
- Conducting interviews with high-profile entrepreneurs, executives and thought leaders
- Delivering features on a range of topics from how AI is augmenting recruitment to the ways in which startups are launching the British space sector into orbit
- Managing internal deadlines and working with stakeholders inside and outside the business
- Helping to guide the publications’ news agendas and editing daily news content
- Commissioning and editing regular columns and op-eds from leading entrepreneurs and business figures
- Editing content marketing products and liaising direct with clients and brand partners to offer detailed feedback on finished articles
- Scheduling and monitoring the uploading of content to the publications’ websites
- Overseeing both publications’ social media output across a range of channels and tracking the results
- Working alongside the editor to inform both publications’ ongoing content and social-media strategies
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years proven journalism and ideally a degree-level qualification in a related field
- A proven ability to write clear and engaging copy that adheres both to briefs and style guidelines
- Experience of interviewing a range of businesspeople, whether that’s entrepreneurs, c-suite executives or small-business owners
- An ability to liaise directly with clients and commercial teams and sustain relationships with brand partners
- Experience meeting strict production deadlines and excellent project management skills
- Experience using Google and social-media analytics to track the performance of content and inform ongoing strategy
- Experience managing online content and using content management systems
- A strong track record of growing a social-media following and using social channels to distribute and promote content
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- A keen interest in business, tech and entrepreneurialism
Elite Business is dedicated to breaking new ground and championing some of the hottest new names in UK plc. Every issue covers up-to-the-minute content, offering disruptive solutions and presenting a unique angle on all the things enterprises need to know. It also gathers the best and brightest voices in the entrepreneurial community to share their experiences, from Unruly’s Sarah Wood to eve Sleep’s Jas Bagniewski. Meanwhile, Elite Franchise is the definitive publication for the UK franchise sector. Packed full of news and features for franchisors and franchisees alike, it features interviews with the likes of Anytime Fitness’s Chuck Runyon, Platinum Property Partners’ Steve Bolton and Bright & Beautiful’s Rachel Ray.
How to apply:
To apply for this role now please send your CV to email@example.com, plus a cover letter and five examples of published work.
We would also like to hear your ideas so please provide synopses for three features that you'd like to write for either Elite Business and Elite Franchise. Each synopsis should clearly outline why the topic is both timely and relevant for the respective title.