The Daily Swig is a web security news site covering the latest vulnerabilities and exploits; hacks and data breaches; security technologies and services; cybersecurity policy and legislation; and other industry news and events.
Launched by PortSwigger Web Security in 2017, our vision is to establish The Daily Swig as the global leading source of cybersecurity news, with a mass global readership eclipsing established sources such as The Register and Dark Reading.
Since our launch, we have enjoyed strong growth in our readership and profile, and we are now looking to expand our team with another experienced journalist.
Click here to visit our site.
- You are a natural communicator, great with words, and love writing.
- You are passionate about technology and have a flair for communicating technical messages to different audiences.
- You are able to prioritise your workload in a fast-moving new media environment.
- You are quick to get to know your subject matter and build industry contacts.
- You are able to spot narratives and trends that other journalists might miss.
- You are a good editorial all-rounder and happy to assist with day-to-day editorial tasks within a small team.
- Writing news articles and features for The Daily Swig.
- Assisting with proofreading/copy-editing/social media duties.
- Forming good working relationships with industry specialists and the white hat hacker community.
- Attending international conferences and exhibitions as a reporter and key company representative.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; able to generate creative content and communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Three years of experience working as a journalist or in an editorial role, ideally for a technology publication.
- Demonstrable knowledge of social media strategy, SEO, and/or Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- This position is primarily office-based, although some international travel will be required.
Salary and benefits:
We pay excellent salaries above the normal market level, and this is always determined based on the candidate’s individual skills and contribution.
All of our people receive:
- Share options
- 8% employer pension contribution
- Life assurance: 4x salary
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays
About PortSwigger Web Security
Based in Knutsford, Cheshire, PortSwigger Web Security is a global leader in application security testing. Our cutting-edge software is used by over 15,000 customers in 130 countries to help them secure their web applications.
PortSwigger Web Security
The Daily Swig
Tel: +44 (0)7802 237 394
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position