Newsweek is seeking an editor to lead our weekend coverage in its London bureau. We are looking for an experienced news editor who can oversee a team of writers, develop fresh angles for coverage, and assign and edit quickly and cleanly.
The weekend editor should be well versed in multiple topics and have experience reporting on and leading US politics coverage.
You are responsible for ensuring high-quality coverage that is accurate, fair, and conforms to accepted standards of journalism.
The weekend editor works Friday to Monday, or Friday to Tuesday, either in our London office or working remotely in the UK.
Full-time or part-time position available.
- Working quickly, yet accurately, to assign breaking news coverage and cover trending topics
- Editing multiple stories a day across multiple beats and topics
- Writing original stories
- Forward planning for known news events
- Following AP Style
- Bachelor's degree in relevant area
- Experience leading and editing a news team
- Excellent knowledge of US politics
- Strong knowledge of SEO and online journalism
- Flexible with hours
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position