GIVEMESPORT is one of the UK’s largest digital sports publishers and a go-to destination for the latest news and features in sport, reporting on football, boxing, Formula 1 and much more. We provide our fans with a mix of in-depth athlete interviews and long-form features, as well as the latest news and rumours on their teams and favourite players.
GIVEMESPORT is now looking for a talented journalist to lead our women’s sport content.
The successful applicant will be dedicated, hard working, and a passionate advocate of women in sport.
They will have a sharp eye for a headline, attention to detail and a solid grasp of journalism fundamentals as well as detailed knowledge across a range of sports, with particular initial focus on the Women’s Super League, international football and the upcoming World Cup to ensure GiveMeSport becomes the number one destination for Women’s sport coverage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to launch a new Women’s sport section across our GIVEMESPORT platforms and we are looking for an up-and-coming journalist bursting with ideas to make this a success.
- To commission, create and curate GIVEMESPORT’s coverage of women in sport across editorial and social.
- To report on major sporting events and chase stories on newsworthy topics for publication.
- To manage the GIVEMESPORT Women’s sport homepage, ensuring our coverage reflects the main stories and topics of the day.
- Be accountable for all Women’s sport content on digital and social platforms, including breaking news, feature and opinion articles.
- Collaborate with the wider editorial team to ensure consistency across GIVEMESPORT.
- Collaborate with the social team to ensure amplification of Women’s sport content across our channels.
- Be a key point of contact for all members of GIVEMESPORT, liaising with the Commercial and Marketing teams to amplify content.
- In conjunction with Head of Editorial, set achievable KPI goals, delivering weekly and monthly content plans.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders across Women’s sport.
- Editorial experience in digital
- Demonstrated experience working to deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels to ensure KPI goals are met Demonstrable passion and a deep knowledge of Women’s Sport NCTJ qualified or equivalent
- Prior experience of using content management systems
- Prior experience of using Google Analytics and Microsoft Excel
Please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send a PDF document (maximum two pages) outlining your content plan ideas for the launch of GIVEMESPORT’s new Women’s sport section.
Need to learn a new skill to be eligible to apply for jobs like this? Check out our training courses
Please quote journalism.co.uk when applying for this position