Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Building Lenses: An open-source tool for mobile data viz
- Tip: Remember this advice for telling stories with data
- 'Without humanity, data alone is meaningless': Data journalism insights from the Guardian
- Tip: Bookmark this list of data journalism tools
- Tip: Make sure your numbers add up with these resources