Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for incorporating data skills into a journalism curriculum
- 18 data sources for investigative journalists
- From pub basement to the News Building: The free London meetup helping journalists learn to code
- Throwback Thursday: Fake news troubles and data viz experiments
- Tip: Here's why data and coding skills are in demand