Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- "Mass customisation" of neighbourhood data can help hyperlocal news become more sustainable
- World News Day: seven stand-out pieces of journalism in 2020
- Tip: Make covid-19 data more accessible to readers
- Need data for your next story? This tool can get you the stats before the official figures are out
- Six journalism podcasts to listen to while in lockdown