Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- In 2010, women were 'significantly underrepresented and misrepresented' in the media. Where are we now?
- Tip: Check out this list of newsletters about data journalism
- Tip: Remember these guidelines for good data journalism
- BBC opens applications for regional titles to take in reporters as part of the Local News Partnership
- New project looks at how developing countries are getting more women into coding