Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Bookmark this advice to get started with data journalism
- Tip: Remember this advice for understanding the origin of data used in your reporting
- Tip: Bookmark these guides for journalists looking to get started with GitHub
- Norwegian weekly newspaper Kommunal Rapport uses data journalism to build its digital presence
- Tip: Bookmark this list of data journalism resources from NICAR