Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Advice for working with collaborative data journalism projects
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- The key role slow journalism plays in the 24/7 digital news cycle
- Tip: Take note of this advice for collaborating on data journalism projects
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018