Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tool for journalists: Enigma Public, for finding and analysing public datasets
- The Bureau Local held a hack day in five cities to investigate voter power ahead of the UK election
- Tip: Advice for making use of hyperlocal data journalism
- Tip: Bookmark this advice to get started with data journalism
- Tip: Remember this advice for understanding the origin of data used in your reporting