Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: 18 ways to make data visualisations more mobile-friendly
- Survey: Journalists can now have their say on access to UK Government data
- Tip: How a Washington Post reporter mapped American infrastructure
- Tip: How to get started with scraping data
- Making data stories more personal: Highlights from Data Journalism UK