Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Investigation tips from two student journalists who worked on Panama Papers
- How journalism students helped on the Panama Papers investigation
- Get with the program: The benefits of coding skills in the newsroom
- Why journalists should learn how to code
- Advice from FT and WSJ for getting started with interactive graphics