Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Check out these data and interactive journalism resources from NICAR 2018
- New automated tool at Reuters helps its 'cybernetic newsrooms' find stories in data
- Tip: How to get started with data journalism in a small newsroom
- Bureau Local announces fund to support local reporting from journalists and members of the public
- Tip: Recommendations for working with inconsistent data