Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Making data stories more personal: Highlights from Data Journalism UK
- Tip: 6 pointers for effective data visualisations from Google
- Training courses for February's newsrewired are now available
- 'The story doesn't end with a spreadsheet' – Advice for journalists working with data
- How reporters can overcome the challenges of working with data