Projects completed on the day included a map indicating whether or not truck stops had CCTV combined with crime data and an interactive employment graphic which used salary, job and location data to assess 'Is it worth it' when looking at positions across the country.
Journalism.co.uk was there to capture the events on camera and hear from those taking part for their views on the project.
Free daily newsletter
- Four tools for journalists to try this summer
- 10 ways news organisations are covering the anniversary of the Russia-Ukraine War
- Pandemic and Russia-Ukraine war reporting show the value of data journalism
- 30 essential newsletters every journalist should read
- Sky News and Tortoise create data project mapping the money in British politics