In an interview with Journalism.co.uk, Sutton explains his path the editor and how the team at the BBC's The World At One operates. He also offers his thoughts on journalism qualifications, the continuing value of work experience and what he looks for in a radio producer.
You can catch up with all the episodes in the Industry Insight series by following this link.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: How to become a broadcast journalist
- Theo Chikomba of BBC News, and Ishwari Yardi at University of Leeds, on mentorships during covid-19
- Josh Hinkle of KXAN on translating solutions journalism to local TV news
- CNN International launches new show about the ups and downs of WFH
- Tip: A complete guide to broadcast engineering