The new site, announced by datablog/datastore editor Simon Rogers at Journalism.co.uk's news:rewired event on Thursday, pulls together all of the Guardian's data journalism features, from its key data of the day to its Coins government database.
"The data operation has just grown massively over the last year," Rogers told Journalism.co.uk.
"The new site has resulted from the fact that data journalism has become part of what the Guardian is known for".
The site will showcase the Guardian's work in this field, as well as providing a place where the public can search data, he said.
Rogers added that he hopes in time the site will become more of a forum for data journalism, where examples by others can also be highlighted by the Guardian.
Free daily newsletter
- Announcing new speakers and sessions for newsrewired, 11 July
- Tip: Advice for working with collaborative data journalism projects
- Inside 3 organisations' approach to community-minded journalism
- Tip: Bookmark these tools for collaborating on investigative projects
- Your Voice Ohio's take on collaborative journalism starts with community events