Today (7 March), Journalism.co.uk is hosting the 21st newsrewired digital journalism conference at the Reuters offices in Canary Wharf, London.
The event will discuss the latest trends in digital journalism, including memberships and audience engagement, live video online, mobile storytelling and news on voice-controlled devices. Check out the full agenda.
Delegates will be able to learn from panel discussions, workshops and spotlight talks, taking away practical recommendations from our expert line-up of speakers, from news organisations including De Correspondent, CNN, Bloomberg, Financial Times, The Times and Sunday Times, Quartz, The Telegraph, Quartz and more.
If you are unable to join us, here's how you can follow the conversation online:
- on Twitter using #newsrw;
- on the newsrewired website, where our team of bloggers and live-bloggers will be covering the sessions as they happen;
- on Facebook, for video interviews with speakers, delegates and highlights from the event.
The conference kicks off at 9.30am, with a keynote speech from Jessica Best and Maaike Goslinga of De Correspondent, who will outline how the Dutch news organisation has built a sustainable online platform that restores trust in journalism, and that moves readers to become paying members and expert contributors of its community.
They will share 10 lessons De Correspondent has learned over the last four years, including the ways members contribute more than just their money; the key things they’ve found through their partnership with NYU’s Membership Puzzle Project; and the ongoing challenges they face in relation to both their Dutch platform, and as they look to launch an English-language platform in 2018.
Free daily newsletter
- Refugee journalists, networking and Instagram: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- ‘A new kind of content for a new kind of audience’ – Irish broadcaster RTÉ experiments with vertical video
- Why Overcapture has 'so much potential' for content creators in the field
- Overcapture, freelance journalism and Snapchat: Here is your weekly journalism news update
- Mobile journalism, apps and video formats: Here is your weekly journalism news update