Sessions cover editing, DV (digital video), HD (high definition) TV and interactive TV, and run from between two and five days. Freelancers must live or work in London to be eligible for the discounts.
Full details of the courses are available on the BBC Training website.
The courses have been subsidised by the European Social Fund and the pan-London Learning & Skills Council through Skillset, the media training organisation.
BBC Training is a commercial arm of the BBC, and also offers some free online training courses at http://www.bbctraining.com/onlineCourses.asp.
More news from dotJournalism:
BBC offers discounted courses for freelancers
BBC hotshots to lead interactive TV courses
Be trained by the BBC - for free
Free daily newsletter
- Meet the inspiring, disabled journalists working their dream jobs
- Shaping the future of journalism: insights for the next generation
- New free course on war reporting launched
- Solutions journalism superstars: media mentor and trainer, Swati Sanyal Tarafdar
- Preethi Nallu, global director, Report for the World, on strengthening media ecosystems