MP3 files of the show have been available for three months, but the new podcasting option means that any new shows will automatically transfer to the user's computer.
Users need to install an application that searches the web to find MP3 versions of their chosen files, and can then listen to the broadcasts when and where they choose.
The term 'podcasting' is derived from the iPod - Apple's portable MP3 audio player - and the words broadcasting and webcasting.
More news from dotJournalism:
BBC plays with podcasting
Online radio stats go public
Global BBC site could be pay per play
Radio show faces online criticism
Free daily newsletter
- BBC director-general: "We are activists for impartiality"
- Should journalists use social media to voice their opinions?
- What will the next decade look like for journalism?
- BBC Shared Data Unit inspires data journalism teams across the UK to collaborate on public interest stories
- Weekly journalism news update: 'automated journalism', sustainable newsrooms and Newsrewired