In a partnership with the Hindi web portal Webdunia, journalists from both sites are leading workshops on writing and producing news for the web. Students will all be given writing assignments and the best three published on bbchindi.com.
"I am looking forward to sharing the BBC's editorial standards, which are the backbone of the BBC Hindi journalism, with India’s budding online journalists and I hope that they will be able to implement these principles of objectivity in their future careers, further raising the benchmark of Hindi-language journalism," said Salma Zaidi, editor of bbchindi.com.
For information, go to BBC Hindi.
Free daily newsletter
- Advice for staying safe when interviewing dangerous people
- Speakers from CNN and Reuters to share insights at newsrewired, 7 March
- New initiative Lookout360° is offering training and mentorship to help journalists produce immersive stories on climate change
- Tip: Use these free training materials from ProPublica's Data Institute
- BBC opens applications for regional titles to take in reporters as part of the Local News Partnership