In a partnership with the Hindi web portal Webdunia, journalists from both sites are leading workshops on writing and producing news for the web. Students will all be given writing assignments and the best three published on bbchindi.com.
"I am looking forward to sharing the BBC's editorial standards, which are the backbone of the BBC Hindi journalism, with India’s budding online journalists and I hope that they will be able to implement these principles of objectivity in their future careers, further raising the benchmark of Hindi-language journalism," said Salma Zaidi, editor of bbchindi.com.
For information, go to BBC Hindi.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Hone your craft': Newsroom training advice from FT and NPR
- Citizen journalists in Syria 'start writing history'
- Introducing training options and more speakers for December’s news:rewired
- How to get that dream job in journalism: Advice from AOL’s Tim Goodchild
- ONA receives funding to expand local journalism programme