Through the Tsunami Video Hosting Initiative, web hosts with spare server space will be partnered with bloggers who have had trouble meeting the cost of high bandwidth. MBA reported that bloggers were doing a 'tremendous public service' by hosting video of the tsunami and wanted to support 'hyperlocal news reporting' by helping to match bloggers with web hosts.
MBA members include Dan Gillmor, Jay Rosen and JD Lasica.
More news from dotJournalism:
Sky targeted by tsunami email hoax
Email tracks toddler
Free daily newsletter
- #media140 Jay Rosen on a 'golden age' of press freedom
- New York University and ProPublica launch 'explanatory journalism' initiative
- Is 'large lump sum' funded journalism sustainable? Expert views on the $1.75m HuffPost Investigative Fund
- Huffington launches 'citizen reporter' election site
- News groups need to both create and link, claims citizen media expert