Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- How to source user-generated content legally with Lobster
- Tip: Here's what you need to know before your first Facebook Live
- 'People like to know they're being heard’: Facebook Live at NowThis
- How CNN is recreating the #Rio2016 experience for audiences on social media
- 'We are fearless in experimentation and we move quickly': Facebook Live at CBC News