Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Tip: Here's how to share interview excerpts with Quotables
- For its first Facebook community, Bloomberg brought readers together to talk about personal finance
- Throwback Thursday: Citizen journalism, social media reporting and more media news of the past
- Tip: How to keep up with social media news
- Tip: Check out this advice for increasing social video training in your team