Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- 'Why would you not share it?' How LBC gets people to listen and engage with audio on social media
- Tip: Remember this advice while livestreaming on YouTube
- App for journalists: Clips, for creating videos with animated captions
- Why AJ+ is focusing its efforts on longform storytelling from the field
- Optimising for trust: Advice for news organisations to improve their relationship with the public