Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- 6 tools to make digital audio more social
- Tip: Find out how to save evidence you uncover on social media
- How the BBC used Yik Yak to get young people to talk politics and mental health
- Tip: Check out this comprehensive guide to Snapchat for journalists
- 5 reasons why publishers should consider developing a news app