Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Distributed news: How BuzzFeed curates stories for social platforms
- 'Know how to fail fast and to thine own self be true' – Q&A with WSJ's Carla Zanoni
- Tip: Check out this guide to verifying images using Google Earth
- 3 key research findings about social media usage in the Middle East and North Africa
- Tip: Learn how to better protect your social media accounts