Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Tips for efficiently working with news from social media
- 3 lessons from social media experiments at Trinity Mirror
- Tip: Learn how to write better tweets from this research
- Banjo gives journalists free access to its social media discovery platform
- 'You need a social sixth-sense’ – Q&A with The Next Web's Matt Navarra