Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- Throwback Thursday: Online comments, Twitter for breaking news, and experimenting with voice-to-text
- Tip: Refresh your social media strategy with this advice
- Is media's dependence on Facebook an unavoidable sacrifice on the altar of digital transition?
- The Everyday Projects challenge stereotypes through photography and Instagram communities
- Newsrewired throwback: Engagement is ‘about creating a party and making it rock’