Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- From podcasts to chat bots: Engagement experiments at Harvard Business Review
- Tip: Filming on a smartphone? Here's some key advice from the BBC
- 10 tips for setting up your LinkedIn profile
- 'Look for the sweet spot between news and context' – How to make your live streams more engaging
- Just a week to go until newsrewired! What's on the agenda?