Faisal Islam on the social media panel at news:rewired - full stream ahead
But he said the broadcaster has possibly been "quite Twitter focused so far" and having discussed other platforms such as Facebook, Tumblr and image sharing sites, he added that Channel 4 News should "be embracing all these things".
In the video below (filmed by the BBC College of Journalism) he talks to news:rewired blogger Elena Cresci about the broadcaster's approach to social media, and outlines his tips for digital journalists, as presented during the event's social media session.
- Be interesting
- Be social
- Be yourself
He also added that there is also a need at times to "be a little bit careful" when using social media.
Free daily newsletter
- How publishers can get their community back from social media
- Highlight your expertise and be there to listen: The dos and don'ts of building trust with readers on Facebook
- Lead Stories is debunking misinformation starting to trend on social media
- The 10 steps of Correio's digital transformation
- With a new app and Facebook Messenger bot, Al Jazeera Media Network is expanding into digital audio