Turi Munthe of Demotix says the parternship offers 'a valuable commercial connection between the most authentic and compelling content creators and the most forward-thinking newsrooms'
According to an announcement by both parties, Demotix content will be "delivered through a dedicated channel on the StoryfulPro platform".
"Clients will now have the ability to source from a comprehensive real-time feed of content, discovered and verified by Storyful alongside rights-cleared imagery from the Demotix network."
Chief executive of Storyful Mark Little said the new channel "meets the great challenge facing journalists in a social age – how can we find user-generated content that we can trust and safely use in our stories?".
Turi Munthe, chief executive of Demotix, said: "By combining Storyful's discovery and verification system with the vast reach of the Demotix network, we can offer a valuable commercial connection between the most authentic and compelling content creators and the most forward-thinking newsrooms".
As well as Demotix content being published via Storyful, Journalism.co.uk understands Demotix will look to license Storyful's breaking news material.
Free daily newsletter
- ONA launches set of guidelines to support news organisations working with eyewitness media
- Storyful to launch UK Newswire channel and expand London team
- The Wild West of social media: Key advice from news:rewired 'in focus'
- How to follow along with 'news:rewired in focus'
- Google takes three big steps into eyewitness news